Adding positive energy to your bedroom

Thursday 14 January 2016


I have moved in and out of three different bedrooms over the past three years and I think that I have pretty much nailed turning the best that I have been given into a cosy little haven.
So I thought I would create a little blog post mentioning some of the ways that you can turn your space into something that is cosy, comforting and full of positive energy! 

1. Candles & fragrance

This is number one because I think that it is one of the easiest ways of making your space feel super cosy as well as smelling wonderful!

 I believe that we are connected to certain fragrances and that a beautifully smelling room instantly makes you feel positive and lovely. So candles, oil burners and incense are all things you could add to your bedrooms to make it super inviting!


2. Motivational quotes, pictures & illustrations

I love gathering pictures of things that mean something to me, such as photos or postcards that you might have picked up on your travels and placing them around your bedroom. This is pretty much me all over and the majority of my wall-art consists of little paintings, wall hangings and post cards that I have picked up in various destinations. 

I am also coveting a few prints on Etsy with inspirational yoga themed sayings that I think would make a lovely addition to any yogini/yogi's bedroom!


3. Lamps & Lighting

Even though I am definitely more of a sun driven person, I do look forward to getting cosy and setting the mood for the evening. 

Come 5pm I will turn off the main lights and switch on all of my lamps and fairy lights to make things super cosy and set the evening vibe. 


4. A Himalayan Salt Lamp

I was recently given one of these as a christmas gift and I was super thrilled because I have been lusting over one for quite some time now! 

It gives of such a gorgeous pinky glow and they are also said to purify the air which is always a bonus! I think that mine has made such a positive contribution to my bedroom as it makes me so happy as well as fascinated every time I light it up!


5. Crystals

 I am not really a pro when it comes to crystals and their benefits, I have only just started getting into them but mainly because I think that they make a wonderful contribution to homes as they are so beautiful. 

I recently was given this rose quartz tea light holder and I am absolutely in love with it! It looks just as lovely during the day as it does during the evening with a tea light burning away! 

Rose quartz is often called the love stone and is believed to enhance love in virtually any situation be it self love or romantic. So if you need a little bit of self love in your life a rose quartz might be the perfect purchase!


6. Flowers & Plants

I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to realise how amazing it is to have plants living alongside you in your bedroom. Plants and flowers make such a lovely contribution to any room, I don't know what it is about them but they just make me really happy.

I like easy to manage plants, especially as I am a student and often have to leave them for a few weeks so I opted for some cacti, a succulent and a dragon tree plant. I would love to add flowers but unfortunately they can't really be incorporated into a student budget!

Plants are supposed to be great ways to purify the air as well as the himalayan lamp, so I really am winning when it comes to air purity! 



7. Music

I love listening to music in the morning and especially in the evening. It really helps to set my mood and unwind after a long day. I am actually really obsessed with Indian Yoga music and I love listening to it when I want to chill out, whether thats in the morning or evening. Spotify have some great yogic/spiritual playlists!


8. Things you love!

One of my favourite things about University halls was walking into somebodies bedroom and seeing what they had done with the same space I had been given. It is pretty cool that you can walk into somebodies bedroom and instantly get some idea of what that person is into.

I love to fill my bedroom with things that I love and things that say something about my personality. I love yoga, well-being and travel and so I fill my room with all things related!



I hope that this post may have helped any of you who are perhaps moving into a new bedroom or are looking at ways to revamp your bedroom so that it is a really positive and happy place!

Much love, 
Lizzie xx

Post a Comment

Follow me on Instagram!

© Sun Meets Moon. Design by FCD.