Aromatherapy On The Go

Friday 17 November 2017


This year I finally got round to incorporating aromatherapy into my day to day life. I have always had a thing for candles, especially ones that are enriched with natural oils such as lavender, neroli and orange. However, it wasn't until I visited Sri Lanka that I finally decided to invest in an Ayurvedic herbal roll on in an attempt to combat bouts of stress or anxiety occurring at unwanted times.



In Sri Lanka, the use of natural medicine and aromatherapy is commonplace which I loved. In the southern city of Galle there is a beautiful Ayurvedic shop called "Spa Ceylon" and although it probably targets tourists, it is a lovely shop full of botanical skincare. I could have taken home half the store and still really regret not having a £15 facial but I did treat myself to a little herbal roll on. It smells like heaven and has really helped with my fear of flying and random bouts of sleeplessness.


Arguably you only really need one calming roll on but I couldn't resist giving Skin & Tonic's completely natural Calm Balm a go too. It is a London based brand that I have wanted to try for ages because it has a lovely range of natural skincare. Their calm balm smells really divine (mostly lavender based) and is great for massages or simply rubbing over on your temples in times of need.



Although not yet mainstream, there are so many brands jumping on board this trend as more people are becoming aware of the benefits of daily aromatherapy.  Plus, Neal's Yard have a great selection if you somehow aren't going to be in Sri Lanka anytime soon!

I hope you liked this post!

Much love,
Lizzie xx 
SaveSave

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Instagram!

© Sun Meets Moon. Design by FCD.